Scheduled Training Events:
South Carolina LifeBuilders Leadership Training
August 9, 2014
For more informaiton call:
South Carolina Church of God State Office
Office of Church Ministries
You will learn:
Why your church needs a LifeBuilders discipleship ministry
Keys to starting a LifeBuilders discipleship ministry
The need and qualities of a strong LifeBuilders ministry leader
How to build and train your LifeBuilders ministry team
How to get started right
How to build ministry momentum
How to build entry points for men into your LifeBuilders discipleship ministry
Keys to maintaining a quality LifeBuilders discipleship ministry
How to disciple men
How to be connected for ministry effectiveness
How to build and implement a Pastor’s Prayer Partner ministry
How to train Transformational Discipleship small group leaders
Discover ministry resources and discipleship initiatives to disciple men
Schedule a LifeBuilders Leadership Training Conference
Click here, email - firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 888.766.9009.
To schedule a conference: Click here, email email@example.com or call 888.766.9009.
LifeBuilders is a discipleship initiative for Men. LifeBuilders men will discover how to follow Christ fully, connect with believers strategically and to be the man of God they were created to be. Discipleship brings growth and transformation that allows men to serve Christ and fulfill their destiny. Discipled men will be better husbands, better fathers, better leaders and more dynamic witnesses.
LifeBuilders Discipleship Training
(for every man in your men’s group)
Those completing seven books in the Discipleship 100 series will receive a Certificate of Recognition. Certificates will be provided from the International LifeBuilders Men’s Discipleship office. We recommend that men who complete the 100 series be recognized in a special LifeBuilders Celebration Service.
• LifeBuilders Essentials
• James, A Path to Discipleship
• Philippians, A Path to Joy
• Maximized Manhood
• Wild at Heart
• Real Man
Those completing seven books in the Discipleship 200 series will receive a Certificate of Commission. Certificates will be provided from the International LifeBuilders Men’s Discipleship office. We recommend that men who complete the 200 series be recognized in a special LifeBuilders Commissioning Service.
• Never Quit
• Sexual Integrity
• The Power of Potential
• Communication, Sex and Money
• Strong Men in Tough Times
Discipleship 300 is Ministry/Leadership Training available through partnership of LifeBuilders with other Church of God Ministries; and completing the following books. A Certificate of Service will be provided from the International LifeBuilders Men’s Discipleship office. We recommend that men who complete the 300 series be recognized in a special LifeBuilders recognition service.
• Sleeping Giants
• How God Makes Men
• Man Alive
• Characters With Character
Men On A Mission
Men on a Mission is LifeBuilders ministry to missions. Specific projects will be selected according to need. Men will be recruited, trained, organized and travel to the mission field to complete the needed mission. (Project Examples: discipleship training, evangelism, building and repair projects, crisis response and other needs that might arise). This ministry is conducted as a partnership with World Missions, Men of Action, Chaplaincy Commission, and Mission States.
It is recommended that LifeBuilders Men on a Mission leaders travel with the team and serve with the leadership to learn and develop the necessary skills to lead men on future mission projects.
Certificate in Ministerial Studies (CIMS)
About the Program:
Those called to the ministry after their formal education has been completed often find that the opportunity to attend a college or seminary requires financial responsibilities that are difficult to meet, especially with a family. With the understanding that ministerial training is needed, the Church has instituted the Certificate In Ministerial Studies (CIMS), a nontraditional training curriculum, that provides an opportunity for every minister to receive ministerial training in a Distance Learning Center or via personal or Internet study.
The Certificate In Ministerial Studies (CIMS) consists of 20 courses, offering 35 credits. Of the 35 credits, 34 are required for the CIMS certificate. While CIMS is open to any qualified applicant, the program was designed for ministers who hold Church of God credentials or who have been set forth for ministry by a local church.
About online studies:
The Certificate in Ministerial Studies program may be completed online over your home computer at your convenience.
These dynamic studies include some of the most advanced Internet technology available such as streaming video, audio and text.
For additional information visit www.ministerialtraining.org
Chaplains Community Service
Many Community Service Chaplains respond to disasters across the USA on a regular basis. More information may be obtained at www.tiacsc.com
The International Association of Community Service Chaplains offers a 3-day intensive course in Community Service Chaplaincy. This training experience will prepare the student to be an effective and skilled Community Service Chaplain, better able to care for people “beyond the gates” of the local church who are hurting, lonely, in crisis or destitute. The class instructional process and format will include a variety of visual aids, role-play scenarios, small/large group work/discussion and instruction with class dialogue. The purpose of this training is to provide students with an understanding of key issues, concepts and skills necessary to facilitate effective community ministry and empower the local church pastor and lay leadership to really care for others by reaching out to hurting humanity in the church and local community. There are a large variety of topics taught during this 3-day seminar. The topics are designed to be applied immediately to ministry, both inside the church and in the market place.
Mobilize: Local Leadership Development
For more information visit www.cogdoe.org/mobilize-local-leadership-development.html
LLD has been very successful in training local church leaders. Throughout the years, pastors who have used LLD have given glowing testimonies about how effective the ministry has been for training their leaders.
Mobilize is a 12-month program that assists the local church pastor to motivate, equip, and train leaders for the local congregation.
Level I includes pastor-supervised independent Bible study and readings in leadership, monthly seminars led by the pastor, and ministry assignments within the local congregation. Level II is pastor-supervised independent Bible study and training in one of eleven areas of local church ministry.
Discipleship 400 is Ministry/Leadership Training available through partnership of LifeBuilders with other Church of God Ministries.
Additional information and contact can be made at www.operationalcompassion.org
Operation Compassion focuses on three priorities: (1) responding to natural disasters nationally and around the world; (2) providing inspiration, information, training and resources to help mobilize churches, individuals and community groups to provide food and basic necessities to the poor and needy; (3) concentrating on international distribution to widows, single mothers and children.
• Relief America: The Disaster Response Network Responding to national and international natural disasters with containers of bottled water, food, cleaning supplies, building materials, etc.; establishing an in-country local network of churches, agencies and government leaders to meet the needs of children and families.
• Compassion America: The Urban Network Meeting various needs of the poor and underprivileged living within America’s largest cities by utilizing partnerships with civic and community leaders, school districts, police departments, fire departments, parks and recreation departments, churches and other local agencies.
• Dream America: The Native American Network Supplying Native Americans living on reservations in the western United States with many necessities that are difficult to obtain, including food, water, educational material and building supplies; children and widows are a priority.
• Hope America: The Appalachia Network Targeting one of the four most extreme areas of poverty in the U.S. through food distribution, hot meals, job training and home repair; focusing on children, single parents, widows and senior adults.
• Global Compassion Network Providing countries of the developing world with medical supplies, medical equipment, textbooks, clothing, food and toys; targeting children, widows and senior adults.
Men of Action
The Men of Action mission is to provide men and women with the opportunity to show the love of Christ by participating in hands-on ministry through volunteer services in construction, disaster relief, and humanitarian assistance around the world while enhancing other ministries so they will be more effective, efficient, and fruitful in their participation in the Great Commission.
For more information and current projects visit www.cogmwoa.org
- LifeBuilders Encounters are designed to help men deal with issues that hinder their relationship with Jesus Christ by breaking the chains of addiction and encountering the sanctifying power of God’s grace and spirit.
- LifeBuilders are worshippers. The priority of a new believers walk with Christ is worship. LifeBuilders discover who they are in Christ and the vital importance of personal and corporate worship. Men of worship are men of focus.
- LifeBuilders helps men get connected with other men of God for mentoring, accountability, encouragement, partnership and training.
- LifeBuilders are men of prayer. LifeBuilders men are committed to spending time with Christ daily. LifeBuilders seeks to teach men to be addicted to spending time with their Heavenly Father. LifeBuilders men understand the power of their personal walk with the Lord. Through prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, God is active in every decision, every relationship, every challenge, and every area of life. Men of prayer are men of character. Men of prayer are men of submission.
- LifeBuilders are men of the Word. The Word of God is the foundation of all we do. Men encounter God in the Word of God. The Bible is more than a book. It is the living transforming Word of God. The Psalmist declared, “How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to your word” (Psalm 119:9). Again he proclaimed, “Your word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee” (Psalm 199:11). The Apostle Paul exhorted, “So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17). LifeBuilders men are committed to knowing God through His word. Men of the Word are men of faith.
- LifeBuilders are men of character. Integrity means being careful with our words, our money, and our relationships.
- LifeBuilders are men in covenant with God. LifeBuilders men are in covenant with one another. They are committed to each other to be accountable to each other, to encourage one another, to pray for one another, to partner with one another. Jesus sent his disciples two-by-two to cast out devils, to preach, and to heal sicknesses.
- LifeBuilders are empowered by the Spirit as men of mission. Men are created to be more than spectators. LifeBuilders are committed to discovering their gifts, talents, calling, and are engaged in the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
- LifeBuilders will be better husbands and better fathers—men of God leading families in relationship with Christ.
- LifeBuilders will be fully engaged in the ministry of the church within the walls, and without.
- LifeBuilders men are men of stewardship. They financially support the mission of the church. All that they are belongs to the King.